Google came up with Panda update 4.1 after the Panda 4.0 update a few months back on 22nd may. I am quite disappointed with the results with my blog traffic after theGoogle Panda 4.1 update. I found a big drop in traffic where I lost more than 50% of my blog traffic. This was not supposed to happen in fact I was waiting for some better results in Search results.
How to recover your blog from Google penalty or Google Panda update (4.1):
There are two possible things which might happen to your blog after any update.
- All your blog post are not found in search results any more.
- Your blog post will slip down in search results.
How is your blog affected? You have to decide it first whether your blog is completely out of search results or just slipped rankings.
- All your blog post is out of the search results after Panda update:
If your blog post is not showing anymore in search results than you must check this post on how to keep your website clean. After you follow that you must go through this and submit the re-inclusion request.
After you follow the above-given steps and hopefully you will get some better results. You cannot expect instant results if your whole blog post is out of the search results.
You will see some difference and improvement in few weeks and improve your rankings in search results, but you may not regain the previous rankings as it was before.
- Your blog post slipped down in search results:
This is a very common issue which happens with most of the blog. However, if you fall into this category, you can easily recover your penalty and enjoy the results instantly.
- Plagiarism: You are not copying anything but because your articles are related topic to each other. Google is considering it as the duplicate in this case you have to find the best article and edit the other related post and enable no index to those post or redirect it to the another post which you choose as the best. This would even help you in improving the rank of your post in search results.
This would help your site in making a site without duplicate contents and hence better reputation and better rank.
- Old contents: Search results will look better with the fresh and new things in the first search results page. So if you are ranking well for the particular keyword and you stop caring about that post. You will loose your ranking whether its today or tomorrow, to keep engaging users with new stuff and keep the high ranking live in the search results you must keep re-updating your post.
This not only help your readers engaged in the article but it also helps in improving the rank in search results. Wise bloggers re-update their blog and write new blog post 4-5 times in a week but whereas some write more than ten articles and no re-update.
Now as you are affected by update you must re-update in such way that, you make good enough changes in your post so that you improve it back. Not only content but images, headings, links, etc. But you must make sure that you make it useful and unique with some good ideas.
You must re-update your post if you are slipping your rank.
- Submit Url For Indexing: Once you re-edit all your valuable post submit your links for indexing in the webmaster tool. This will instantly index your link and show some improvements in search rankings instantly. I found my traffic increased within 1 hour after doing all this stuffs.
- Length: Length of your blog post is also important, I found many complain like I wrote very long articles also but still I am affected. Yes, it is because you are not maintaining your frequency. If you are writing 600+ words blog post, you must consider writing atleast 80% of your blog post with 600+ words per article.
Remember one thing it is all about competition if you want to be at the top you must beat another guy. So you must consider trying to do better than what it is currently. When you re-edit your blog post, you must increase its length and maintain frequency.